The Destiny M. Adams Scholarship will award funding to a Black/African American high school senior from the City of Grand Rapids who possesses a strong desire for academic excellence and plans on attending a 2 or 4 year accredited college or university. The applicant must be entering their freshman year of college in the Fall of 2023 as a full time student. The applicant must have a strong desire to travel the world.
A $1,000 scholarship for financial assistance for college and a U.S. Passport to travel the world.
- GPA 2.7 or higher
- Senior at a High School in Grand Rapids, Mi or surrounding area.
- Admittance to a 2 or 4 year accredited college (award will be granted upon verification of acceptance into an accredited college or university).
- Each student is required to submit a 1-page essay on one of the topics listed below. The essay must be a “Word” document written in 12 point , Times New Roman font, and single spaced. All margins must be 1 inch wide. Please include your name and school on the top of the essay.
Choose one of the following topics to write your essay on:
Option 1): If you had the option to move to a different country, where would you move and why?
Option 2): If you could travel to any country in the world, which country would it be and why?
Evaluation of Essay:
All essays will be judged based on the following:
- -Clearly answers one of the essay topics
- -Originality of thought
- -Grammar and punctuation
Please submit these required documents by email or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- -Completed Scholarship Application
- -Copy of High School Transcript
- -Copy of College Acceptance Letter
- -Scholarship Essay
The deadline to submit your application and the required documents is April 30, 2023. If you prefer to mail the application and the required documents, the mailing address is:
Destiny M. Adams Scholarship
550 N US 75-Central Expy #3744
McKinney, TX 75070